Thursday 10 January 2013

Who Am I and How Did I Get Here?



The answers to those questions are – Luna and that’s a bit of a long story. I have the name Luna due to the fact I was born on a Monday during a full moon. Fits, doesn’t it? I think so too. No it's not my real name, it's my 'nom de internet" seeing as I'm not very fond on my real name.

The whole how I got here started about 5 years ago on Sherrilyn Kenyon’s web site message board. I began talking with a woman there by the name of Tina. We bonded over books at that site for a couple of years, I even started doing banners with my Gimp graphics program for people to use when they posted. Then the site was revamped and the whole message board got canned. Bummer. Those of us who hung out on that site moved on over to Facebook where some of us kept in touch and others lost touch.
Tina and I were two that kept in touch. Tina had started up this Facebok group called Kris Cook’s Chatters for readers of erotic romance books who went to Kris’s chat site and yammered about all sorts of crazy stuff. One day Tina asked me to  make some stuff for her for one of Kris’s books she’d read. I asked her if she could tell me a bit about the story of it so I could get an idea of what to do graphically for it to make it fit right. Sounded kind of interesting to me. After I’d finished, she lent me the book. That’s the start of how I got here. Tina’s “Perversion Conversion” began. I cheekily referred to her as “Shmuttmeister” for the lovely smutty books she read and introduced me to. I joined the Kris Cook’s Chatters and became a regular in the chats too. One day Sophie Oak, an author who frequented the group and chats called the group a bunch of Righteous Perverts in the dedication of her book Siren Enslaved. The name stuck and the group morphed from Kris Cook’s Chatters to The Righteous Perverts. The chat site was renamed as well.

Over the past year since the renaming, we have continued to chat every Wednesday night and we still hang out in the Facebook group, talking about what books we’ve recently read, what up coming books we are looking forward to and even simple things as how our days have gone or vented about what’s bothered us in our lives. Then one day we all decided we needed to get together and finally meet in person! Yes awkward to do since most are spread out over America, and like me, in another country all together from the majority of members. But meet we did, down in Texas for the Cinco De Mayo weekend. There it was where I’d at last met the Shmuttmeister, the corruptor of the (not so) innocent! Yes, it only took three years for me to finally smack her ass in person. Yup, I literally smacked it. With a paddle. In an adult sex toy shop. In Texas. No we weren’t alone when it happened. We were with the other Righteous Perverts members who flew in to Texas to do “Fig Fest” – that’s what we called the gathering. I was the only non-American there… so technically it’s was the international Fig Fest meet n’ greet. Yay for Canadian content. Anyways, we had a wicked fun weekend hanging out and I managed to drag my ass onto a plane despite my fear of flying (and the panic attack I had in the airport in Toronto). I would so do it again to do the next get-together.

Now begins the next era of the group, the bloggy thingie as I call it. The group will now have a blog where we yammer about random weirdness or whatever tickles our fancy. So onward we go with The Righteous Perverts, the book club for those who love romance and all it’s sub-genres… yes even the kinky erotic stuff :P

Luna

22 comments:

  1. Wooohooo Congrats Luna on your first post !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya ya OK I finally did one of those bloggie thingies. You're gonna make me do more of these things aren't you? You'll bug me til I write something else to post up here. *sighs, rolls eyes* Fine .. *runs off to write about how to clean grout in the tub with baking soda and vinegar .. .or something like that* hehehehe *ebil grin*

      Delete
  2. Woohoo yay Luna i love the name that you choose for yourself it is fab like you. Now the graphics thingy one day i may ask you to help me so my mug isnt plastered on all the blogs I am now following. In the future you are amazing!!! What else to say. I luff ya that is all... Oh BUNGEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Graphics and Graphic Language :P Thanks Cherie <3 me wubs ya toos

      Delete
  3. Great post Luna and I'm glad you and the Shmuttmeister have this up and running, it is great. The weekly chats are a lot of fun, thanks for helping tohost all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reggie. The chats are a hoot and a holler. The blog stuff is all new to me so I'm learning as I go

      Delete
  4. Hey Luna Great first post. I loved that i got to meet you in may last year i hope you come down from Canada again soon and we are able to see each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas in May was a blast. I'm hoping to travel again to meet more crazy smut loving pervs

      Delete
  5. HAHA!! I love the perversion conversion! Ahhh arent we all just pervs at heart!? xoxo Luna, Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Tina made me do it. It's all her fault. The perversion conversion, the lovely smutty books, the chats, the group, the bloggie thingie. I blame her for it all ;-)

      Delete
  6. Well Luna I'll say the "name" is great and congrats on getting that first blog post done. I was a great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one blog down, more to be done. Have to think of another topic to talk about so I cam carry on with the smart ass remarks hehe

      Delete
  7. Great post, Luna. I love that you and Tina have been friends for so long. Cool story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe. I can't believe I've known Tina for years and it took so long to finally met her in person.

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad that Luna and Tina met, and created our perverted little place. Great post Luna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luuunnnaaaa....you popped your blog cherry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have entered the Blog Zone *cue theme music*

      Delete
  10. Luna your blog brings back awesome memories of Fig Fest. I love hearing the stories how how it all came together. I have yet to read a Sherrilyn Kenyon book. I really got to put her on my TBR list. Great blog girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley. The Dark-Hunter books are terrific! I do recommend them

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete