Thursday 3 January 2013

Pervert Guides

Hi and welcome to the Righteous Perverts Pulpit! This is the first blog so we will introduce ourselves over the next two weeks. There are two of us ladies (and I use that term loosely) who will be your guides to the weird and wonderful world of the Righteous Perverts Chat and Facebook Groups.

Let us introduce ourselves.

I am Tina. What to tell you. Hmmmm. I am a Leo who likes…..Scratch that you don’t care about that stuff. Instead, I think I will start with the story of how I became a Righteous Pervert. Let’s see. I met most of my cyber friends thanks to Sherrilyn Kenyon’s old website, lovingly referred to as the Dark Hunter BBS.  This is where I met your other guide, Luna.  She and I bonded over hotties. I found the pictures and she made me beautiful banners using them. I also met several other members of the Righteous Perverts on the BBS.

We were very sad to see the BBS go away to the new site and, while the site was in transition, we looked for a new place to chat. Several other members of the BBS told us about Facebook, and that is where we all met up again.

                                                               The Perversion Conversion

Another one of my BBS friends, Bonnie gave me my first erotic romance book, Decadent by the amazing Shayla Black, for my birthday several years ago, and I have been hooked ever since.  One day Bonnie sent me a message saying I should check out this live chat site that featured authors. It was hosted by an author named Kris Cook.   I was skeptical about chats because I am a natural lurker.  I went, not expecting to ever go again, but then Kris welcomed me with such warmth that I decided to keep going—for a while.

I never would have guessed that I would be addicted to chatting so fast. I met some of the most amazing authors there and was shocked to find out how wonderful and normal they are. See, I have always thought of authors as people who had the most amazing ability to take me on a journey without me leaving my home. I put them on a pedestal and never thought that they would be as generous and genuine as they always appear to be in interviews and on the dust jackets of their books. 

At this point, I was still new to the genre of erotic romance so I had never read most of the authors who were guests at the first few chats. After talking to them, most of the intrigued me so off to Barnes and Noble I went. That first year my debit card groaned every time I walked into Barnes and Noble, I swear I could hear it. Soon I was reading several books a day. I was buying all the back lists of most of the authors and discovering new ones every Wednesday.

I found that I was staying later and later after the official chat was done, just talking to some amazing people. Our conversations ranged from books to sex toys to sex acts to anything that caught our fancy.  Naughty and Risqué became words to describe our group, and rightly so. 

Wednesday became my favorite day of the week because I could talk about my passion for Smutty Goodness. I found that I missed my friends the rest of the days of the week so I decided to try something new called a Facebook Group.  I contacted Kris and asked him if he minded if I called it the Kris Cook Chatters. I was shocked when he said I could and that he wanted to be a part of the group. I got it started and added a few of the friends I had made at chats. I even sent invitations to several of the authors that had been chat guests. I was so excited to see that they accepted the invitation to join the group. The group then began to grow fast.

Kris had an author friend of his, Sophie Oak, as a guest and she became a regular chatter.  She mentioned our chat group and called us Righteous Perverts in the dedication of her book, Siren Enslaved. The name stuck and a few months later the Kris Cook Chatters changed our name to the Righteous Perverts. We have tried to live up to our name and hopefully have succeeded.

                                                                                    FigFest

A group of us started talking about trying to meet up in Dallas. Why Dallas? Well, a couple of reasons. One, most of our favorite authors seem to live in Texas. I think there might be something in the water in that state.  Another reason is our group is spread out around the country and even in The Great White North, also known as Canada. So picking a place that was kind of in the middle of the country was perfect.

I was excited to see that so many people wanted to come to what became known as FigFest.  We actually managed to get several members there, and we had a wonderful time. The highlight for me was meeting the authors. Kris, Sophie, Shayla, Heather Long and Heather Rainier hosted a luncheon for the group that included some fantastic margaritas. I had an awesome time just sitting there and watching the group that I spend several hours a week with, having fun and meeting people who enrich our lives with their talent and dedication to their writing.  I hope to do it again sometime and, hopefully, a few new people would like to join us. 

Wow. I had no idea what to write about but now I see I have written over 900 words. I guess when I get to yapping, I can’t seem to stop. Sorry people, but I guess you now see why we have a group that is very active on Facebook.

Sinfully Sarcastic
-Shmuttmeister

46 comments:

  1. Thank you fearless leaders for all of the work you guys have put into getting the Pulpit up and running! I for one and very thankful that you all are "righteous perverts" who feel the urge to chat with authors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Tina it was nice to get a little more insight into how this all started and look at how much it has grown. You ladies do a great job, even at keeping us Perv's in line. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, big congrats on the launch of the blog! It looks fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work and please thank all those who helped. Now we Rightoeus Pervert's have a blog as well as the facebook group. You really know how to spoil us! Just let me know when and where the next FigFest is and I will be there to indulge in margaritas with y'all( must be all these books from Texas affecting me!.. not many cowboys where I'm from).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, the Pulpit was the biggest thing we have done to date but we may try and do a few other things as well. You know Luna and I are a bit left of center so who knows what kind of trouble we can get the group into.
    Linda, it is not hard to keep you all in line because we are not sure where that line is located so if we cross it we probably wouldn't even notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A bit left of centre"? oh hell T I'm so far off centre I can't even see the centre. :P I meander off the beaten path and into the woods for an adventure.

      As for keeping people in line.... well I will admit I like to repaint the line in different spots to keep things interesting hehe

      Delete
  5. Thank you Rene. I think the next time a big group of us are going to try and get together will be at Romantic Times Convention in New Orleans,La in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fellow Perv, the Pulpit looks fantastic!! Congrats on doing such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rana. It was frustrating but I think I might have a handle on how it all works now *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  7. Yay! Long awaited and highly anticipated, this will be an awesome blog! Thank you for making this happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about highly anticipated but we are going to give it a go and see how it works out

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I may have to try to make that Convention. I haven't been to many of the chats as Wed night seems to conflict with other commitments but they have all been fun that few times I've made it. I hope to make more of them soon.

    Definitley look forward to this blog. Happy 2013 to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Orleans will be fun no matter what so you should definitely try and make it in 2014. Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete
  9. Love New Orleans! I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been but Luna is going to try and make it down so we all have to show up for our Canadian.

      Delete
    2. Yes, travelling to New Orleans is on the bucket list. I soo want to go there and have one of them donut thingers at Cafe Du Monde :P

      Delete
  10. I am very thankful to be a part of the Righteous Pervs. I enjoy chatting on FB and Wednesday Night Chats. All the hard work you have put into the blog is rewarding for all of us; it looks wonderful. I look forward to getting to know all of you more in this new year.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvette and I look forward to posting your blogs.

      Delete
  11. We bow down to your awesomeness..... NOT. Guess Im gonna have to look into figfest... And start stocking up on skittles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the hotel when we walk in with cases of skittles. Not to mention the fact that if the room is very warm they will melt.

      Delete
    2. HAHA We will just explain we are making cock sculptures!

      Delete
    3. Nope, that won't get us kicked out of the hotel at all

      Delete
    4. They'd probably want to join in.. Or model for size(if its a hot guy)

      Delete
    5. If its a hot guy I am all for that

      Delete
  12. Yay! Congrats on getting the blog up and running! Can't wait for a great 2013 with the best pervs ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sophie !! Can't wait to see you at RT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice ladies! Thanks for all your hard work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work ladies! This looks wonderful. Thanks for all your hard on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work ladies what an amazing job you have done.....I am very excited and happy to be a part of this group with an amazing bunch of people that I now consider friends...thank you for giving us a place where we can be as perverted as we want without the strange looks...ok ok not as many strange looks lol.......here is to many more wonderful wed night chats....and to the amazing authors that always show us a great time....and last to the ones who made this all happen THANK YOU !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa and thank you for being such a wonderful addition to the group !!

      Delete
  17. thank you for the back story it is great to see the origins of the group. this group Rocks. Here here for a place to feel safe being ME.

    Cheers muchly to all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie. I am glad that you found our little group and like to spend time with us.

      Delete
  18. It's nice to see how it all started. I love your sign off - Sinfully sarcastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara helped me out with the sign off because I was told mine was too mean to use ;)

      Delete
  19. I love it! This is where I do not feel judged. It is safe. Thanks for making it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what we hoped for when we set up the Righteous Perverts group. We wanted a place where no one would feel like they couldn't be themselves or be afraid that everyone would think they going to hell for reading our smutty goodness.

      Delete
  20. CONGRATS on the Blog Fellow Perves.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on getting the blog up and running! It looks great, perverts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hennessee. It was a bit of a struggle at first but we got it done

      Delete
  22. Fig Fest was a blast!! I hope I can meet up with everyone again someday. I enjoy talking with this group. I have been introduced to so many new others and I love sharing whats going on in our everday lives. The gals in this group are funny as hell. Proud to be apart of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So excited to see the blog up and running. Last May I met many of the wonderful Pervs at Fig Fest. i hope to see everyone again someday. Not only have I met and spoken woth some of my fave authors because of this group I have also been introduced to so many wonderful books. I look forward to seeing whatfun and dirty things this blog brings this yeat:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley. Figfest was a blast and I hope to see you again soon.

      Delete
  24. The new site looks fantasitic, very well done!!! I look forward to chatting with you all on wednesday night and many more to come.

    Reggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reggie. Can't wait till Wednesday to find out more about you.

      Delete
  25. Hi Shmuttmeister. It's so lovely to...um...meet you and stuff. Love the blog! :P

    ReplyDelete