Wednesday 8 May 2013

Flirt


Hey, I think that was the title of a book. Oh well, now it is the title of my blog too. Let’s face it. Mine is more important. Right???? Fine. It is not. There is no reason to be hateful about it. Geez, people can be cranky here. Damn, I didn’t even get to the second paragraph before I had blogging A.D.D.. 

Alright back to the topic.

Flirting. I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is harmless. I know that some of you are gnashing your teeth right now, but you need to take a chill pill. The key word in that sentence is harmless. Let’s be honest. Everyone does it. The questions are How much do you do? and Why do you do it?

To me, flirting is a casual conversation where you say things with a wink and a nudge. This is the kind of flirting I do on a regular basis. I mean nothing by it. It is a way to make someone feel better when they are having a bad day.

Some of you know I work in retail. I flirt all the time at work. I do it with vendors who are having a craptastic day and for just a few minutes, I can get them to laugh or smile. Okay, most of the time they look at me and just shake their heads. But you know what, for that brief second, they have forgotten what is making their day so crappy. 

I also do it with people that are shopping in the store. Man or woman doesn’t matter. It doesn’t have to be sexual in anyway. I am not hitting on the women or some of the men by any means. It is just a way to calm a cranky person right down. If you say something kind of flirty, they have to take a second to see if you are hitting on them or just kidding with them. Most of the time, I can soothe the savage shopper just by the way I approach the cranky person. Do I smile at them? No, I just have a smart assed mouth and can make anything sound slightly dirty. It is all in the phrasing and approach.

I usually only flirt to throw people off balance, which is a very good thing for some. If they are worried about what you are going to say next they usually keep their mouths shut and stop complaining. Sometimes they flirt back. I never take this seriously. They only want to see how far I will take it and yep, I will go there if they are having fun with it.

Once again, it means nothing, and it will usually only last a few minutes till I can get them the hell away from me. I have to admit I like to mess with people, too. So even if they are not cranky, I will do it for shits and giggles.

Now on to the other kind of flirting.

You know what I am talking about. It is the hands-on flirting, which a lot more dangerous not only to you but also to your target as well. This is the kind that gets you in trouble with either your significant other or with their other half. If you touch someone, to me, it is an invitation. I never touch anyone that I do not know. Even if you think it is harmless, they may not. You don’t even have to touch them to go to the bad flirting place. It is all in your delivery. If you keep it light and fluffy then you are fine, but there is a fine line between that and I totally want to take you to the bathroom and do you.

If you are light and fluffy, most of the time everyone is fine but when someone is with their significant other, don’t flirt with just one half of the couple. You have to flirt with both or there will be hard feelings. I sometimes indulge in that but most of the time, I am smart enough just to leave it alone. I never flirt with just the man. I don’t care if it is George Clooney. It is just in bad taste to flirt with someone while his date is sitting there watching.  
                          
Now I bet you thought I would stop there. But no, I am moving on to the reasons for flirting. For me, it is just harmless fun. Others have a more sinister reason. I have seen this multiple times. Both sexes flirt to get what they want. They want a promotion. They flirt and flatter till they get what they want. Or in some cases, it is just to prove that they take something away from others and they know if they are all flirty, they can get it. This is the destructive kind of flirting and to me, it is not really flirting. It is manipulation. I never indulge in this kind of flirting. It will bite you in the ass every single time. You may get your promotion or raise or whatever, but you are going to create hard feelings all along the way. You have to remember that in some cases you have to work with these people so pissing them off is not smart. 

If you are flirting with someone in a bar, it is the same thing. You may not have to see them again, but you will find that the opposite sex notices and the same sex will hold it against you forever. I always remember the women that come into a bar and flirt with all the men. Men like to be flirted with but if they respond, all the women also notice that they are taken in by a pretty face and will run from them.

This concludes my lesson in flirting. Now which kind of flirting do you do?? 

3 comments:

  1. Ah the un co type I blush and have no idea what I am saying most of the time. I can be as flirty as hell but if someone actually shows interest in me I freak the fuck out and have no idea what to do. My confidence in myself is nearly nil when it comes to guys so yeah. I need some tutoring. I am glad that you can make others smile and take their minds off craptastic days. When I was in retail I would always try to smile and stay polite most people would get so annoyed at me for not rising to their bait that they would walk away or calm down. Any one with flirting tips I am always willing to learn, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a training class for my day job once, where I was told that most salespeople use a form of flirting to obtain the sale....hmmm....maybe there is some truth in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I could careless if they are buying something I just want them to leave me alone.

      Delete