Sunday 29 September 2013

The Joy Of Early Morning

                                            
I know you think I am being sarcastic. Normally I would be. But today, I am just being my overly happy self. Okay, so I am exaggerating a lot. That is what I do so Nananana. Wow. Not even three lines in, and I am already off topic. So let me get back to the point of this blog. I forgot for a second there but now, I remember what I wanted to talk about.

Most people hate early mornings, but I love them. I have always been one of those people that only need a few hours of sleep. Hell, I was even born a month early. Momma always said I was just done percolating and decided I was ready to come out and see what early mornings were likes. So like a good baby, I arrived at 6 am. I have always woken up at that time and if I sleep later, that means I am sick. 

Some of you know that I am up every day at 2:30 am when most people have only gone to bed a few hours before. I normally go to bed between 11 and 12 and wake up about the same time my alarm goes off. It takes me around 5 minutes to wake completely up. But as soon as I have my shower, I am good for about 12 hours. I get myself ready and feed the evil kitties then I am off to work. My shift is from 4 am to 12:30 or so. When I get home, I usually talk on the phone with a certain someone who shall remain nameless. Mia. I then take a nap for about 2 or 3 hours, depending on what I did at work that day. Again, it takes me a few minutes to wake up. But then, I am on Facebook and yappin the evening away.

Now back to the topic because, once again, I wandered away. The reason I like early mornings is because everyone else is not up. Most of you know that I am anti-social on my best day. I have found that I get more done early than if I wait to do things later in the day. I also have a ton more energy. I can go non-stop for longer if I get that early start.

Another reason I like early mornings is because as a people watcher, it is just fun to see people out and about trying to wake up. I am not kidding. I have seen people walk into doors and walls. I love to see the women who are not completely awake walking in high heels. It is like watching a kid on a skateboard trying to do tricks. You know they are going to fall so you just have to stand and watch it happen. They don’t think it is as funny as I do. The guys are almost as much fun to watch. They are the ones who are walking around aimlessly trying to remember why they stopped at the store or where something is. I know they are just as clueless as a toddler trying to figure out how to open a baby gate. Kids are the best. Any parent that has to wake up their little heathens knows the joy of a badger that has been cornered. Every time I see one of these little darlings reminds me of the reason I never wanted kids. Those little suckers are dangerous. I have heard screaming like someone was dipping them in a vat of hot water when all that is happening is they are being put in a cart. Then there is the whining. OMG, THE WHINING!!! I just want to run to the pharmacy and grab the Benadryl and put them to sleep and, if that doesn’t work, there is always my friend Jack Daniels.

Working at the butt crack of dawn is sometimes better than going to the fair and watching all the freaks come out and wave their freak flag high. 

So are you a morning person or do you believe the day starts at 10 am?

Sinfully Sarcastic,
Shmuttmeister


1 comment:

  1. I am soooo not a morning person ....I am a night hawk with insomnia not a good combo....so when I finally get to bed it really seems that my alarm is going off to get up again...and we start with getting me ready then my son ready and by then I need a nap lol but it's work time......I'm not a morning person lol

    ReplyDelete