Tuesday 17 September 2013

Righteous Perverts Chat..... How did it all get started ?


My first book, Perfection - Eternally Three, was published in September 2009. I was thrilled, as you can imagine. It had been a lifelong dream of mine to be an author, and I’d finally reached that goal. A few months later, I was invited by Black Raven Reviews to be the author spotlight for an online text chat. I’d never done that before, but had a blast with the readers that came to it.

I had so much fun over at Black Raven that I decided to host some of my author friends in a chat room. The first chat was in December 16, 2009. I went back in my documents and found the date. Wow. Amazing it has been that long ago.

My very first guests were Shayla Black and Melissa Schroeder. More authors approached me to host them and more readers started showing up. Tina, Luna, Tara were some of the first readers to show up week after week. At first I called the Wednesday night event – Kris Cook’s Chat, but later, Sophie Oak came up with the name Righteous Perverts, and that stuck.

The list of authors that have been to RP’s chat is so long. Names that you see on the NYT, USA Today, Amazon, and other bestseller lists today and up and coming authors have been our guests. Here’s just a few off the top of my head: Lexi Blake, Shayla Black, Bella Andre, Eliza Gayle, Eden Bradley, R.G. Alexander, Sophie Oak, Chloe Lang, Cat Johnson, Annabelle Joseph, Laurann Dohner, Mari Carr, Mia Ashlinn and so many more.   

A little before my accident in April 2012, I let go of the reins completely of RP, though the reins had actually been in the hands of the readers for some time before that. As RP approaches its fourth year anniversary this December, I want to say thanks for all the amazing support you give to romance fiction and the authors who write it.

On a personal note, I was absent from the writing desk for over a year. The accident had an impact on me in many ways I hadn’t expected. After the long drought, I am back writing. I hope you will forgive me the time off. As of the writing of this blog, I am finishing up Misty’s Bondage Diary, number three in my Diary series. The next three books I will be working on is a gay shifter series that I’m so excited about.

Thanks for having me today, RPers. I love you all.

Kris


1 comment:

  1. Thank you to you for having the idea and setting up a regular platform for readers to interact with authors. I hope that your recovery continues to progress and that the writing goes well.

    ReplyDelete