Sunday 11 May 2014

The Countdown to the Romantic Times Convention 2014

                

I am sitting here just 2 days away from flying to Nashville. I will be meeting Mia Ashlinn and we are driving down to New Orleans together for the Romantic Times convention. I know it is a scary thought being trapped in a car with me but Mia is being very brave.  As a few of you know last year Mia and I traveled from Kansas City, where the convention was held thru Kansas then back to St. Louis. We both survived so we thought we would do it again.

Now there are some huge differences in Mia and I. I am not just talking about the fact that she has imaginary people talking to her but the fact that I am already packed and she is still shopping for shoes. I started my packing about a month ago. I repacked a week ago and I have been adding a few last minute things each day. Most people find it very strange that I try and get ready at least a couple of weeks before I actually head out on my trip.  I have made a list and I love to cross things off of it. I think one of the reasons I love to pack early is because I am less likely to forget something. I write more things down as I think of them and then pack them asap.

One of the things I have noticed by packing early is that it helps control my excitement. If I am focused on the things I need to do I am less likely to make everyone crazy.  Well, everyone except Mia who I love to taunt.  I have been doing a countdown in our Righteous Peverts Facebook group just to help with my anxiety.  I know me freaking out is shocking but it is really a strange experience going to a writers convention.  I am actually a nervous nelly when it comes to meeting authors.

Authors are normally really nice and personable but there is still something about meeting people whom have taken you on a rollercoaster ride of love, conflict and finally more love. They have also stimulated more than your mind sometimes and that makes it hard to look at them.  Most people have no problem talking to authors but me I am a bumbling idiot a lot of the time and get me within shouting distance of some and I almost fall down.  Everyone thinks I am not afraid of anything but making a total fool out of myself in front of an authors is my greatest fear.

Some authors are easy peasy especially if you have met them before or have a Facebook relationship with them. For instance, I have no problem talking to Kris Cook because I have known him for years.  I have known Sophie Oak for years too but sometimes I freak out because “IT’S SOPHIE OAK “.   I know they are regular people but I still kind of spaz when I talk to her.  I know that if I ever met Sandra Hill or Hannah Howell I will be feeling the exact same way or maybe even worse. 

Gods, just writing this blog is making my heart beat faster so I need to take a relaxing bath. So my question to you is are you cool as a cucumber or are you like me and kind of a freak when you meet authors?

Sinfully Sarcastic,

Shmuttmeister

No comments:

Post a Comment